Categories
EDCI338 Uncategorised

Assignment 2

The lesson I chose is “The Intersection of Digital and Media Literacy” from the Mediasmarts.ca website. This section describes how skills and competencies for digital literacy and media literacy intersect and provide us with essential skills for playing, learning, and working as citizens of the digital world. For new concepts like those, I think understanding the main concepts is the most important thing. Because only after people understand the meaning of it can they learn the deeper content. The powerful digital bystanders always are networked and interactive, they want to collect people’s personal information.

But for a course where the concept is very complex and difficult to understand. In order for learners to master this knowledge, more examples should be given in combination with facts. So I think we need to change the narrative of this lecture, not just to explain how the skills and abilities of word literacy and media literacy intersect, but to give examples of how they intersect. At the same time can also add some pictures to help learners understand.